The Story of Avalon
When the great and wise wizard, Merlin, found the secret hidden lands called Avalon, he discovered a place full of untamed wild magic. Merlin knew that if he could harness and bind the wild magic to goodness, he could create a wondrous and beautiful place where humans and animals could work and live in harmony.
Merlin first located the most magical spot in the kingdom and upon this heart of magic he built the Crystal Palace. Like an enormous Enchanted Jewel, the Crystal Palace resonated with the goodness of Merlin’s magic and became the center of the capital city called New Camelot. As goodness radiated outward from the Crystal Palace, the city of New Camelot grew, and soon, many towns, villages, and farms also grew and prospered.
Merlin divided the lands of Avalon into seven sections separated by natural boundaries. For each area, Merlin found a magic Jewel that was tied deep into the fabric of the land. He placed these Jewels in a Jewel Box and magically bound them together. These were called the Crown Jewels of the Kingdom, the very source of Merlin’s power to hold the kingdom together with the power of good.
Once the wild magic became stabilized, Merlin grew magical Travel Trees and placed them in each of the seven regions. Travel Trees are usually grouped in rings creating places to enter the invisible network of Wild Magic. Whoever wields an Enchanted Jewel can ask permission from these mighty trees to ride the rivers of Wild Magic, transporting them to a Travel Tree ring elsewhere in the kingdom.
The land of Avalon is naturally bordered by icy mountain ranges to the north, oceans to the east, jungles to the south, and the great deserts to the west.
The Seven Lands of Avalon
- The Great Forests
- The Great Forests are the most magical and immense forests in Avalon. The lush green canopy of trees provides a safe home to many creatures including the Faery Wraiths. Merlin uses the Jewel of the Northwoods, a crystalline acorn-shaped jewel, to bind the Great Forests to the rest of the kingdom. The Jewel also keeps the forests lush, green, and happy.
- The Riverdells
- Known for its gentle running streams and wonderful fantasy castles, the Riverdells is one of the most beautiful lands in the Kingdom. One very special place is Rainbow Falls, where Merlin found the magic Rainbow Jewel. Nearby is Elf Woods, where some of the greatest craftspeople in the lands live. The Elves make good magic with their songs.
- The Crystal Cliffs
- The mysterious and ancient Crystal Cliffs are full of secrets that have been froze from thousands of years. Hidden ice caves hold incredible treasures that were stashed away by the great wizards that once lived there. Wizard’s Peak lies within the Crystal Cliffs. This is where wizards would meet and make magic. Now it is guarded by a genie who answers only to those old wizards! The Crystal Cliffs are bound by the Crown Jewel of Burning Ice.
- The Misty Moors
- Avalon’s Misty Moors are bound by the purple Misty Rose Jewel and lie under swirling veils of wild magic. The Misty Moors are filled with hidden vistas, swamps, bogs and other magical places that are not safe to wander into without magical powers. Many unusual creatures live in these parts like the Mist Monster who was created by the swirling mists themselves.
- The Burning Desert
- There is more than meets the eye in the Burning Deserts. This dry and dusty place can create magical mirages and secret doorways into other lands outside of Avalon. One of these lands is Faeryland, which is reached by crossing Rainbow Bridge. Merlin uses the ruby red Desert Star Jewel to bind the magic of the Burning desert with Avalon.
- The Great Plains
- Green grasslands, fields of grain and gentle rolling hills make up the Great Plains. With wild flowers blossoming everywhere, the Great Plains are a wonderful place to hold Craft Fair parties. Wagon trains and caravans travel through the Great Plains on their way to craft fairs. The most magical place in the Great Plains is the Dreamfields, for which its Crown Jewel is named. It is a place where every wish comes true.
- The Jungle
- Beautiful tropical rainforests in The Jungle are home ot many great magical beasts. Some of the creates that roam the lush interior are as big as dinosaurs. There are also many hidden lands in The Jungle that have never been explored by the people of Avalon. The Jungle is bound to the kingdom through the emerald green Jungle Jewel.